Reports To: Service Manager
1. Completed back ground check
2. Completed drug test
3. Completed basic qualification test
B. General Duties
1. Perform maintenance and cleaning on all types of residential and basic commercial air conditioning and heating equipment.
2. Trouble shoot, start up, and repair all air conditioning systems and it’s controls up to 15 tons with limited supervision; including electric heat, gas heat, heat pumps, and geothermal.
3. Communicate and explain any problems, repairs, or recommendations needed to the customer and service manager. 4. Continue professional education and leadership as well as assist in training less experienced personnel.
C. Daily Responsibilities
1. Trouble shooting, repairs, start up, and maintenance as described above
2. Complete all paperwork- invoices, time-cards, work orders, daily reports, and maintenance agreements.
3. Communicate detailed findings and recommendations to customer and supervisor regarding repairs or additional work needed to be performed.
4. Restock supplies on service truck for efficiency
5. Assist other techs as needed
D. Periodic Responsibilities
1. Attends safety and service meetings for technical information
2. Maintains and cleans service vehicle and tools for company image and equipment longevity.
3. Restock invoices and paperwork supplies needed for office personnel to keep customer accounts complete.
4. Assist other service technicians or installation crews on jobs that require additional support
5. Covers on call 24 hour service duty at scheduled times.
E. Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs inventory on service vehicle as requested
2. Attends specialty training courses to acquire more knowledge.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
4. Submit to random drug tests.
F. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Must have a valid EPA certification card.
2. Must have professional people skills and appearance.
3. Must have knowledge of residential and commercial air conditioning and its related controls up to 15 tons. This includes geothermal, gas, electric, heat pumps, and associated accessories such as filters, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, UV lights, duct work, etc.
4. Must be able to do logical or scientific thinking to solve problems.
5. Must be able to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
6. Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions, follow technical manuals, have increased contact with people, request supplies verbally or in writhing, write legibly and communicate clearly.
7. Very heavy work; exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally.
8. Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions are required.
9.Must be able to use all hand tools, refrigeration gauges, and meters, vacuum pumps, torches, recovery machines, and leak detectors. See “Tool Requirement List” for a full description of tools required and tool purchase agreement.
G. Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years previous work experience in an HVAC environment.
H. Working Conditions
Works out in the field and is exposed to dirt, noise temperature extremes, vibrations, dampness, equipment hazards, dangerous chemicals, electrical shock, and significant work pace relating to the completion of all assignments accurately, timely, and to the satisfaction of customers and management.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level or work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Major duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job, and “other” duties and responsibilities include those that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job.
This job description is intended does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
If interested please call 865-982-5446 to apply.